Calls can be delayed at the Help Desk for hours, even days because of incomplete information. To expedite your Help Desk call and receive the quickest possible response on your request, please follow these simple rules:
- Name of School/Office
- Name and extension of contact person (the person reporting the problem)
- Name and extension of user (the person with the problem)
- Location of work & "station #" (if any)
- Make/Model & Inventory # on the CPU of each equipment you are calling in. (Note: If printer problem, please include the make/model & Inventory # on the CPU of the computer that it is connected to)
- Operating System computer is running and how much memory computer has (for both GW & Macs)
- Detailed description of the problem user is experiencing including exact error message (if possible)
- Troubleshooting user tried to fix the problem.
- When was the last time equipment worked properly?
- Please keep in mind, the more information you give us, the better.
Technology Coordinators - You can submit and track your Help Desk requests online using the eHelpDesk system in the myLBUSD portal.