Parent Workshops / Meetings
The five District Parent Resource Centers provide parents with dozens of interactive and fun-filled workshops (including topics such as Reading, Math, Science, Motivation, Homework, Discipline, Preparing for Middle and High School, etc.). The centers also offer resources that parents can use at home to assist them in their roles as their children's "Learning Partners" at home. In addition, the centers offer ESL classes, parenting classes, and after school tutoring.
Parent/Family Education Workshops
- Parent/Family workshops offer parents and home learning partners strategies, tips, and activities to assist them in giving their children additional 'help' from their homes. The document below provides information about all of the available Parent Workshops. If you are interested in a workshop, please ask for it at your school. Workshops are available in both English and Spanish. Some workshops are available in Khmer.
- Parent Ed Workshops - English
- Parent Ed Workshops - Spanish
- Parent Ed Workshops - Khmer
Khmer Speaking Family Workshops
- These parent/family workshops are presented in Khmer, and offer parents and home learning partners strategies, tips, and activities to assist them in giving their children additional 'help' from their homes. See the document below for more details.
- For Khmer Speaking Families
District Community Advisory Committee (DCAC) Meetings
Concerned African American Parents (CAAP) Meetings
- As a District and CAAP group we strongly believe that parents play an essential role in helping students attain success in school. We must work together as partners to make certain that all children meet high academic standards. To help make this happen, we would like to provide parents/guardians with the information, tools, and skills that will empower parents to elevate achievement in their home, school, and community.
- 2012-2013 CAAP Calendar and Topics
Kindergarten Festival Dates